6.9.2022On Thursday, June 9, McCall Hamilton hosted a special event to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of Title IX.
Stay up to date with McCall Hamilton on developments impacting Michigan politics and policy, including an archive of our biweekly newsletter, Updates from the Capitol.
5.31.2022We are very excited to announce that McCall Hamilton owner, Melissa Reitz, has been recognized as a finalist in the “2022 50 Names to Know in Lobbying” list published by Crain’s Detroit Business.
5.2.2022Our new name and brand, honoring former Senator Eva McCall Hamilton, pays homage to the past while propelling us forward.
5.2.2022Government affairs consultant Emily Henderson was selected as one of 24 Fellows in Michigan Political Leadership Program’s Class of 2022.
Updates from the Capitol
Sep 19-30, 2022
- Albert Resigns as Appropriations Chair, Elections Deal Struck
- Whitmer Appoints Members to School Safety and Mental Health Commission
- Pharmacists in Michigan Now Able to Prescribe Birth Control
- Whitmer Creates Center for Data and Analytics
Sep 5-16, 2022
- Board of Canvassers Certify Voting and Abortion Ballot Measures
- Court of Claims Rules 1931 Abortion Law is Unconstitutional
- Michigan Supreme Court Chief Justice McCormack Announces Retirement
- Governor Signs Inflation Reduction Act Directive
- Muskegon Prosecutor to Lead Election Fraud Investigation
- House Fiscal Agency Issues August Revenue Report
Aug 22-Sep 2, 2022
- Dixon Chooses Hernandez as Lt. Governor, MI GOP Supports
- Board of Canvassers Deadlock on Promote the Vote and Reproductive Freedom for All Ballot Initiatives
- Court Rules No-Fault Changes Not Retroactive
- Whitmer Kidnap Plotters Found Guilty
- State Expands Access to Birth Control
Aug 8-19, 2022
- Judge Extends Preliminary Injunction to Block Enforcement of 1931 Law
- Special Prosecutor Asked to Take on Voter Tabulator Investigation
- Let MI Kids Learn Ballot Initiative Submits Signatures
- Fiscal Agencies Release July Revenue Report
- House Primary Race Heads for a Recount
- Federal Judge Declares Mistrial in Flint Water Trial
- Michigan Sees Drop in Unemployment Rate
- MDHHS Creates Regional Health Advisory Councils
- Whitmer Tests Positive for COVID