Governor Announces Staff Updates
Update: Apr 24-May 5, 2023
On April 28, Governor Gretchen Whitmer announced staffing updates to the Department of Environment, Great Lakes, & Energy (EGLE), as well as other executive office staff updates.
Aaron Keatley, who served as chief deputy director at EGLE, was selected to become the acting director of the department. Keatley was previously responsible for managing and coordinating Michigan’s environmental programs. Keatley will hold the position as acting director until Whitmer announces a permanent placement in the coming weeks. This comes after former director Dan Eichinger announced he was taking a new opportunity outside of the department.
In the executive office, a handful of individuals have new positions:
- Emily Paski is joining the governor’s legal team as the Tribal Liaison and Associate Counsel
- Dan Osher will join the legal team as Deputy Legal Counsel
- Alex Thibodeau will serve as the Director of Appointments
- Nate Engle was promoted to Director of the Office of Community Engagement
- Amanda Youssef was promoted to Director of Constituent Services